Saturday 4 July 2015

Independence Day American Style Cheese Biscuits

For brunch today, July 4th, I tipped my cap to Independence Day in America by making American Style Cheese Biscuits. For us Brits, they are very similar to scones and the way I made them today I'd say they were more like butteries  (far too heavy on the rich stuff) but hubz seemed to approve of this so just adjust accordingly to suit your taste...

For 2 cheese biscuits I combined 120g self raising flour, 25g unsalted butter, 80-100g strong cheddar cheese, half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of baking powder, a sprinkle of chilli powder and a sprinkle of paprika in a food processor. Once combined roughly, I added 20-30ml or so of milk to bring together in a semi wet dough (be careful at this bit, only add a touch of milk at a time as you don't want it too wet).

I then divided the mix into two with my hands, brushed with some milk and topped with a little extra cheese - then baked in an oven for 15mins at 170 degrees fan.

I served my biscuits with sliced tomatoes and crisped up parma ham (minutes before in a hot pan). A good crush of pepper hits the spot too!

Simple and a little different of a morn- hope you enjoy!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment