Saturday 15 August 2015

Crispy Duck A L'orange

I LOOOOVE CRISPY SKIN. There, I've said it. My guilty pleasure, I love crispy skin on duck and chicken especially - I mean super crispy, not an ounce of fat remaining. When I found out about Dollop and Scoff I immediately fell in love with their name and branding, and it got me thinking about what I could dollop their product onto and then scoff myself! When it comes to Marmalade there is a marriage made in heaven on it's way - to crispy duck!



So for my crispy warm salad I started off by roasting 3 duck legs in a preheated oven (180 degrees fan) after pricking their skin all over with a cocktail stick in order for the fat to flow out of them whilst cooking. I then assembled my salad with mixed leaves, cucumber sticks, spring onions and baby tomatoes. The only other salad item missing at this point is warm baby potatoes (to be added at the last minute).

For the dressing- I used Dollop and Scoff's  Medium Set Orange Marmalade (about 4 or 5 tablespoons worth), soy sauce and balsamic vinegar to taste. Keep adding little by little to the marmalade until you reach a point of sweet and sour you enjoy.



Finally add sesame seeds to the dressing and wait for your duck legs to emerge from the oven crispy and golden brown - they will take around 1.5 hour in total (well worth the wait). You will also want to cook a handful of baby potatoes in a pot of boiling water just before the end of the cooking time.




Once all components are ready, rip the duck legs apart (including the skin) and arrange on the plate, spoon over the delicious sweet, sour and crunchy salad dressing and there you have a  moreish Crispy Duck a l'Orange!

Happy Scoffing! x


Follow CouthieCantie's food based adventures, and share your own too, on Twitter and Facebook 

***

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment