Saturday 15 August 2015

Hot Drinks Just Jumped Up a League...

I must admit, I'm not a coffee drinker. I do like coffee and I adore the smell of it more than anything but sadly, most of the time (not always), coffee does not like me and leaves me with stomach cramps and sickness. From time to time, I run that risk as I just fancy a cup, or I'm lucky to get away consequence free but the recently discovered Counter Roast from Dollar, Clackmannashire Scotland, certainly produces blends worth taking that risk for. Hubs and I both loved the full bodied Réveillez Blend and they also produce a very satisfying decaf, as well as others, which is great for the caffeine averse like me!

I have two simple ideas for bringing your hot drinks into a league of their own (with or without a shot of dark, rich coffee). Either as an indulgent treat on Saturday afternoon, to end a dinner party with a bang or to take campfire cocoa into a whole new realm!!

Hot Buttered Rum Cappuccino

To a pot on the stove add:
  • a shot of freshly brewed, deep, dark espresso  (2 if you're feeling lively)
  • a good knob of butter
  • a couple of drops of vanilla essence
  • a shot of dark rum
  • a sprinkle of brown sugar
 
Melt this all together briefly and pour into a mug, top with steamed milk and foam - sprinkle with cinnamon on top!
 
Luxury Hot Chocolatte

(Do not add coffee if you are just looking for an upgrade to your regular hot chocolate)

Melt a large bar of dark chocolate (60-70% Cocoa), a small tin of condensed milk, 1 (or 2) shots of espresso and a few large spoonfuls of double cream in a pot to provide you with a sweet, rich and heart stopping (in more ways than one) luxury chocolatte! It's that simple!

I hope you enjoy these premium hot drinks, let me know how you find them or better still - post pictures of you slurping them onto my Twitter or Facebook page! x


 

 ***

Do you enjoy shopping locally or want to find out more about independent businesses within the Stirlingshire area, including fresh food producers? If so, check out Love Local Magazine now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment