Tuesday 27 January 2015

Campsite Style Salmon- at home!

I guess this could easily fall into the category of Solo Suppers as recently launched by What Claire Baked (go check her out!) But this was an impromptu dinner 'pour une' tonight and so I had to be creative. The name of the game on weekday evenings for me is quick, tastey and filling so this adaptation of a campsite classic worked a treat!

I buy fish fillets frozen by the bagful. They are cheap, good quality and easy to prepared (simply defrost, so no need to skin or debone). Typically, I drizzle a bit of lemon on my salmon or tuna fillets, oven bake and then serve with potatoes or salad but tonight I didn't want to faff about with pots, boiling water, salad items and a peeler so I came up with this...

To make your campsite fish dish (at home) first, place your fillet on a tin foil sheet, create a good old trusty tin foil pocket, squeeze fresh lemon juice all over and grind some black pepper- it was salmon tonight. I also added some left over spring onions to the pocket tonight. Cook at around 160 for 9 minutes.

For the side, Morrisons are doing these really neat wee tins of pre-mixed beans which could be added to salads, stews or casseroles. I chose to add half a can of white bean mix to my tin foil parcel after the 9 minutes were up and squeezed remaining juice from the lemon wedge on to them with a dash of salt. I returned this to the oven for 4 minutes and hey presto- job done!

Easy!

I can confirm it was quick, tastey and filling but even if u added a whole tin of beans to this dish they are super healthy!

Whatever you are making, enjoy your weekday supper! I'd love to hear what's cooking in your kitchen tonight....x

1 comment: